Are you looking to close your HDFC bank account? Whether you’re switching to another bank or simply don’t need the account anymore, closing a bank account is easy to do. In this article, we’ll show you how to close HDFC bank account in just a few simple steps.
Nowadays we use several bank accounts in different bank branches for saving our money. Every bank has its own minimum balance requirement which we have to maintain or the bank will penalize you for not keeping a minimum balance. But sometimes we cannot manage our account’s balance because of having several banking accounts, we are not able to maintain our minimum balance.
Sometimes it is better to close those bank accounts which are not currently being used. It seems so hard for everyone, but let me tell you it is so easy to close any bank account. I will tell you a step-by-step process that how you can close your HDFC Bank Account if you want to close it. It will help you, just follow the process.
How To Close HDFC Bank Account?
If you are thinking of closing your bank account, first remember some important things then we will tell you how you can do that.
- Before closing your HDFC Bank Account, please be ensure that you drain out all the funds parked in your account. Net Banking (UPI, NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS) is the best option for this, you just simply have to transfer your money to your working account.
- Download the HDFC Bank Account closer form from the given link:- HDFC Bank Account Closer Form or you can take this form from your nearby branch of HDFC.
- Now, fill out the form with the correct details as per the form’s requirement. please be ensure that you will fill in all the details in the correct way.
- After filling in all the details, submit this form at a nearby branch of HDFC with a debit card, credit card, passbook, and chequebook. Make sure to bring your ID Proof with you as the executive may ask for verification.
- After submitting the account closer form, the executive will give you a copy of the acknowledgment. Your HDFC Bank account will be closed within ten working days.
If you face any trouble during the procedure then feel free to seek help from the executive or you may alternatively call 1800 22 1006 for assistance over the phone.
Hdfc Account Closing Charges
There will be no charges if you close your account within 14 days after opening, if it’s more than 15 days a fee of Rs.500 will be charged. And if you close your account after 12 months of opening then it will take no charges. Have a look at this table to know what charges you have to pay:
|Account Opened Time||Charges|
|Up to 14 Days||No charges|
|15 Days up to 12 Months||₹500/- ( Rs 300/- for Senior Citizens)|
|After 12 Months||No charges|
Can I Close the Bank Account Online?
No, there is no way to close the HDFC bank account online. You need to visit the nearest bank branch with the required documents to close the account.
How much does it cost to close an HDFC bank account?
There will be no charges if you close your HDFC bank account within 14 days of opening or after 12 months. You will be charged ₹500/- ( Rs 300/- for Senior Citizens) if you want to close your account within 15 days up to 12 months.
Can I close my HDFC account with a negative balance?
You won’t be able to close your account if you have a negative balance. You need to make account Zero by transferring funds into it and then apply for closure application by visiting your nearest HDFC branch.
Can I close my HDFC savings account?
Yes, you can close your HDFC savings account by visiting any branch near you.
How to close HDFC bank account without visiting a branch?
No, you won’t be able to close your HDFC bank account online without visiting a branch.
How long does it take to close HDFC Bank account?
Once you visit the branch and submit the account closure form, your HDFC account will be closed within 10 days.
Can I reopen my closed HDFC bank account?
No, you can’t reopen your closed HDFC bank account with the same account number. You can open a new account by filling account opening form online or by visiting a branch.
Also Check: How to apply for HDFC Bank Fastag?
I hope now you have understood How you can close HDFC Bank account successfully. We have shared the possible way to do this. After researching, we have answered all of your queries related to closing your HDFC bank account. If still, you have any questions in your mind, feel free to comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible. Till then you can visit our homepage for more tutorials.